Fires and wildfires are a serious risk in our rural Nehalem Bay area. How can you prepare for a fire or wildfire?
- Identify the exits from your home, and make sure everyone is trained to evacuate in an emergency
- Prepare your GoBag so you can respond when the fire occurs
- Install fire and smoke alarms in each bedroom and near each potential ignition source (kitchen, furnace area) and test them regularly
- Reduce the fuel around your house, 30 to 100 feet away, depending on wind direction and type of fuel
- Develop a fire safety plan for your home
- Learn how to prepare for and stay safe during a wildfire